The Arizona Library Association has chosen my workshop, Don’t Be a Dream-Killer, Help Indie Authors Help You, to be presented at the annual conference in Mesa, Arizona on October 26. I’ll be speaking to librarians from all over the state on the subject of better serving their Indie Author patrons. If you’re an Indie Author, this is your opportunity to have input on the subject. Please use the survey below and your experience with your library as a basis for your input. Please send your completed survey directly to Melinda.
Indie Authors Library Services Survey
Please use the survey questions below and your personal experience with your library as a basis for your suggestions of how libraries may better serve their Indie Author patrons.
- How do I get my book in the library catalog system? Will the library buy my book? Or should I donate it?
- Can the library help me promote my book with book talks, signings and other events at the library?
- Who in my library has been the most help to me in providing information and support for my Indie Author publishing and promotions? What could the library do better?
- How can I help the librarians “help” me—what do I need from librarians in terms of information and support that will save me and the library time and money?
- What do I believe I can do to better support my library/librarians?
Please list any other questions and concerns you may have that you wish Arizona librarians to address regarding serving their Indie Author patrons.